The NAMMCO Internship Programme gives students or early career individuals an opportunity to enhance their experience in international environment management, improve their skills, and learn more about NAMMCO and its activities.
Interns work full time at the NAMMCO Secretariat in Tromsø, Norway.
Interns will gain experience and knowledge of the daily operations of NAMMCO as an intergovernmental organisation providing environmental management advice. The NAMMCO Secretariat will benefit through the presence of an additional professional and the particular knowledge, skills and ideas they bring.
Nature of the Internship
Under the supervision of the staff of the Secretariat, interns will participate in the daily life and activities of the organisation and depending on the opportunities and needs at the time this could include work on:
- Communication and outreach (e.g. through the web, social media, traditional media, presentations)
- Meeting/event organisation & report writing
- Text editing and translation
- Database, library and archive maintenance
The internship also presents a potential to work on project(s) relevant to the interns field of study or desired areas for growth, which could be related to:
- Life cycle assessment
- Pollution and other anthropogenic stressors
- Ecosystem approach to marine mammal management, marine mammals’ ecosystem services
- Management procedures for marine mammals
- Scientific literature review
The intern will be attributed a supervisor and will have regular meetings with the staff of the Secretariat.
For more information including guidelines for application and the selection procedure click
Find the application form here.
Next Deadline = 1 October 2022
Meet our previous interns and learn about their experience at NAMMCO