A NAMMCO Internship Programme will give students or early career individuals an opportunity to improve their skills, enhance their experience and learn about NAMMCO and its activities.
Interns will work at the NAMMCO Secretariat in Tromsø, Norway. Applications are encouraged from NAMMCO member countries and other countries.
She/he will gain experience and knowledge in the daily operations of NAMMCO as an inter-governmental organisation, while the NAMMCO Secretariat will benefit through the presence of an additional professional and his/her capacity, knowledge and ideas.
Nature of the Internship
Under the supervision of the staff of the Secretariat, interns will work on project(s) relevant to their field of study and development needs and related to various aspects of:
- Legal instruments governing the management of marine mammals
- Management procedures for marine mammals
- Ecosystem approach to marine mammal management, including identification and pricing of marine mammals’ ecosystem services
- Communication and outreach (web, social media, traditional media, presentation, game)
- Scientific literature review and documentation
- Text editing, publication and translation
- Database, library and archive maintenance
For more information about the programme click here.
For applications click here.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the 1 May deadline has been prolonged to 1 July 2020.
Deadlines: 1 October and 1 May