The NAMMCO Internship Programme gives students or early career individuals an opportunity to enhance their experience in international environment management, improve their skills, and learn more about NAMMCO and its activities.
Interns work at the NAMMCO Secretariat in Tromsø, Norway.
Interns will gain experience and knowledge of the daily operations of NAMMCO as an intergovernmental organisation providing environmental management advice. The NAMMCO Secretariat will benefit through the presence of an additional professional and the particular knowledge, skills and ideas they bring.
Nature of the Internship
Under the supervision of the staff of the Secretariat, interns will participate in the daily life and activities of the organisation and, depending on the opportunities and needs at the time, also potentially work on project(s) relevant to their field of study or desired areas for growth. This could include work on:
- Management procedures for marine mammals
- Communication and outreach (e.g. through the web, social media, traditional media, presentations)
- Meeting/event organisation & report writing
- Text editing and translation
- Academic publishing
- Scientific literature review
- Database, library and archive maintenance
- Legal instruments (national and international) governing the management of marine mammals
- Ecosystem approach to marine mammal management, marine mammals’ ecosystem services
- Life cycle assessment
- Pollution and other anthropogenic stressors
The intern will be attributed a supervisor and will have regular meetings with the staff of the Secretariat, including regular appraisal meetings.
For more information about the programme click here.
For applications click here.
Deadlines: 1 October and 1 May