Narwhal & Beluga WG
Here you will find the meeting documents of past and upcoming meetings of the NAMMCO Narwhal & Beluga Working Group. Some of these documents require a password for access. Final reports are uploaded in the library.
24-27 September 2019, Copenhagen, Denmark
An Ad hoc Working Group on Narwhal in East Greenland will meet at the Greenland Representation in Copenhagen between 24-27 September 2019.
The terms of reference for the meeting are:
- Review the latest information on surveys in East Greenland including options for updating the surveys from the 1980s.
- Review information of satellite tracking of narwhals in East Greenland
- Present the latest information on genetic discrimination of stocks in East Greenland
- Assess the importance of climate change on the distribution of narwhals in East Greenland
- Compile hunting statistics and information from hunters on availability of narwhals
- Assess the future sustainability of catches
Meeting documents (updated 13.09.2019)
01 – Draft Agenda
Working and For Information Documents (only available to participants)